Types of Cookies that may be used on our website
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
Why are cookies essential to the Cargurufix.com Website?
Types of Cookies that may be used on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To monitor and manage our website traffic
- To authenticate the user whilst they are using the website
- To identify if the user is a Driver or a Mechanic so we can tailor the website experience and function for the user
- To help handle events on our site and optimise the user experience, like completing the forms to request a quote for the driver, and showing the services page to the mechanics
- To help show onscreen alerts, including popups for tracking quotes
- We also use Google cookies that are created and used by Google Analytics and other Google products for account, web-session and authentication management
- To create adaptive, personalized banners/ads that display relevant offers (such as recommendations of our products and services that you might be interested in) when you visit other websites, such as social media websites.